LS Swap Parts: What to get, and what to avoid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

super10brss

Reaction score
Fuel pump: Delco EP381 drops into 88-95 tanks.

Good info here guys! I am piecing together info for my 89 Chevy LS Swap. I heard a 98-99 Vortec tank is a good swap for fuel. Just so happens a buddy of mine came up on a 99 Tahoe to swap the engine out in his boat (poor foul forgot to drop the drain plugs and Froze his engine) I grabbed the fuel tank. Is a Tahoe fuel tank same as the truck tank? If so direct swap in my 89 truck? If not what about the sender? Can I just swap the sender? If NO GO on sender what about just the pump? Looks like the sender on the Tahoe tank is a replacement (new!) so I may have scored a cheap jewel.?.?.

Z71SE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get ahold of Lextech for his 96+ a/c bracket?

Z71SE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck getting ahold of him, he never responded to my PM's...

92yukon

Reaction score
Wire harness: Nelson Performance out of Texas makes a nice harnesses for swaps. You can mod one yourself easily buy following instructions at lt1swap.com. You can mod a Vortec V8 harness pretty easy by cutting off the injector harness plug, soldering the correct connectors on and adding 10 wires for the coils.[/QUOTE]

Any writeups on how to go about rewiring a 96-99 Vortec harness for a LS swap ?

LSXTOMMY

Reaction score
Wire harness: Nelson Performance out of Texas makes a nice harnesses for swaps. You can mod one yourself easily buy following instructions at lt1swap.com. You can mod a Vortec V8 harness pretty easy by cutting off the injector harness plug, soldering the correct connectors on and adding 10 wires for the coils.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please give me some more detailed info on the modding of the vortec harness that is being described here. I just got a 99 2500 quad cab SWB that I am 5.3 swapping and it sounds like the wiring is going to be easier than I expected.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Air intake:Nothing yet, Im up for suggestions other then OEM.

A/C Mount: I used the stock A/C mount with the instructions that are rolling around here somewhere.

Engine: LM7; stock except for Felpro gaskets. Ill let you all know if I regret that.

Headers: Manifolds, but I'll be upgrading to the Schoenfields unless someone has some good recommendation on shortys. I do go off-road from time to time, and I really don't dig my headers catching on rocks.

Fuel Pump: Delco EP381

Fuel Lines: Picked up some AN fittings to adapt the LS to the GMT400 lines. No Corvette filter for me.

Harness: '95 integrated into '04. Upon further reading and research, I would go with swapping a '96 harness into the '95 truck, and integrate the harness to that. If anyone has further info regarding that, please feel free to post.

Mounts: Dirty Dingo, get ya some.

Starter: Nothing yet. Any recommendations? I may get a hi torque starter, a used one is available locally.

Fans: Moving to e-fans before Im done.

For what its worth, Im running a NV4500.

Alot of help has been gotten from lt1swap.com Brendan, has alot of great info there. By no means is it step by step (at lease for me) but definitely enough that I was able to get a good idea of how things operate. Jeebalow and Green95Hoe, I leaned on those guys alot for help. Very knowledgeable guys there.

Alonso

Reaction score
lextech is usally pretty good with responding. He may not respond on her thru direct message, but he will email you the information you need.