LS SWAP IN CALIFORNIA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time for Californians to revolt. Throwing some crooked, anti-Freedom, anti-American politicians out of office would do California and the whole country a world of good.

It ain’t just CA. The whole Congress and judiciary are communist controlled. Not to mention the installation of chairman biden, unelected *********. After what they just got away with, I can’t see anyone revolting, just bending over and taking it.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throwing some crooked, anti-Freedom, anti-American politicians out of office would do California and the whole country a world of good.
I'm following the petition to impeach CA Governor Gavin "hair gel" Newsome. They have over 2MM signatures to put it on the ballot. Probably won't go anywhere though.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm following the petition to impeach CA Governor Gavin "hair gel" Newsome. They have over 2MM signatures to put it on the ballot. Probably won't go anywhere though.

Even if they recall him, they’ll just replace him with another US hating ****** dirtbag. Remember when we got rid of Davis and Schwarzenegger turned out to be worse?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember when we got rid of Davis and Schwarzenegger turned out to be worse?
Personally, I don't remember anyone worse (or dumber) than Grey Davis after he signed the agreement with PG&E at a fixed outrageous price on electricity, ha ha. I liked Arnold, especially during the debates when he told Huffington he had a role for her in his next Terminator movie:anitoof:

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, I don't remember anyone worse (or dumber) than Grey Davis after he signed the agreement with PG&E at a fixed outrageous price on electricity, ha ha. I liked Arnold, especially during the debates when he told Huffington he had a role for her in his next Terminator movie:anitoof:

Yeah, I remember the Grey-outs. The reason he got recalled. I just felt like things constantly got worse in CA, it didn’t matter who the Governor was.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
E-Rod won't work in Cali unfortunately. Not unless your driving a car. I wanted to go that route with mine but from what I've read those motors cross reference with a car gvwr instead of a truck. I never contacted a referre so I can't say 100% they would flag it but we do live a a state tht makes me swap shocks out on a utility vehicle because they were Non CA Approved adjustable shocks vs the non adjustable ca Approved ones. :banghead:

I have read the CARB E.O. order several times and from what I have read so far if you can sneak your truck under a 4500 lbs. test weight or 5725 lbs GVWR light duty trucks it will be legal to swap into a truck. I have not weighed mine yet.

https://arb.parts/Executive-Order/D-126-32

it is possible to make an appointment to discuss your plans with a referee prior to the project. I am at least going to call or go by a test location to see what they say and will post what they tell me.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speartech does. They are expensive but I would recommend getting everything from them and it will just work! Especially with Gen 4 or 5 motors where engine trans and pedal computer comparability is critical.

Got it. I will take a look. Thanks!

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think for the E-rod the issues come down to:
-The vehicle you are swapping into has to be pre-1996 (OBD1 vs II is the issue there)
-has to be a passenger vehicle or light truck with a max GVWR of 5725
-has to allow for all of the components that are part of the certified E.O. E-rod package to be installed and function as intended.

Drive train/live swaps from other vehicles have all the other requirements we discussed elsewhere (newer model year, like for like duty rating, etc).

The images below are from the CARB E.O. and from the 1990 truck brochure:

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/Chevrolet_Trucks/1990_Chevrolet_Truck_FL.html

It seems that the E-rod was intended for light duty single cab trucks as well as passenger cars by them specifically including the light duty truck language and the GVWR slightly above what 88-98 RCSB truck was rated at.

If anyone finds a screaming deal on an LS3 E-rod package let me know and I will be our test case! I am slowly squirreling away the money for it lol.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach