LS (L33) into '94 Suburban swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
As mentioned, after I got it all together, the mildly built 4L65E didn't like the combination of torque, a 5700lb truck, and my right foot. It lasted a total of 3 days before it started slipping in 2nd and 3rd gear.

You must be registered for see images attach

So I yanked a 4L80E out of a 2000 one ton van and had it rebuilt with red eagle clutches, kolene steels, new solenoids, a 2200 stall speed converter, and Transgo HD2 shift kit.

And stuffed a big ass 40k gvw cooler in it.

This also necessitated some re pinning of the trans connector, addition of a second speed sensor, and a turbo 400 yoke, as the bigger output shaft on an 80E has 32 splines
The trans crossmember also had to be moved back because the mount is further back on the 80E

Also needs a 4L80E flexplate

So after all that, and running all new 3/8" cooler lines, she's finally on the road again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFpvgdVDBw

Last edited:

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Sub'd For my future install. I will be flying Gregg out here to help me. Trucks one of my Favorites. Gregg's alright too :lol: Such a Badass truck. :peace:

:cheers:

:lol: I'll need an inventory list of your tools, and pics of the accommodations :deal:

Very nice, makes me want mine running!

Thanks!

Bah...just another LS swap...

J/K man nice f'in work. Truck looks killer as always too.

Richard

:Nonono: Not just another LS swap. My LS swap!

:lol: Thanks!