LOWnEASY,s 95 5.3 5 speed build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well turns there sending me another and I get to keep the first one.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. Well kind of. All I need to do is clean it up and I'll have a spare motor. They both came complete except the accessories on the second one. They even sent 2 more harnesses.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the up date, got the computer pack Wednesday and the motor in Thursday after waiting a week for the second one to arrive. Got every thing buttoned up and hit the key, starter wouldn't engage. When to the pick n pull grabbed a new starter. Bolted it up and it was a no go. Third one did the trick but the motor would turn and no bang! Hmm got spark, ahhh the fuel lines were backwards. Swapped them around and hit the key. Bam! Spit spuder and then idle! Woo hoo. Now just have to bolt my trans back up after thinking my flywheel was backwards and there is no possible way it could have been backwards cause it won't bolt up any other way (reason for all that was the second starter tricked me and wasn't disengaging from the flywheel and it was dark when I was messing with it)
Hope to get a nice joy ride in tonight!

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have a major transmission leak right now and haven't found it yet
After I get all the "smalls" and kinks worked out, I'm going to start gathering turbo parts.
How ever, I did get to go on a 5 minute joy ride and it was great.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to swap a 5.3 into my 95 also. How are you dealing with the wire harness? Mines an auto so I think I need to keep the OBD1 to run it and OBD2 to run the engine.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You said in your first post that you got your temp sender and oil pressure sender adapters. Could you give some more details about them? I'm having a little difficulty figuring out the adapters necessary.