LOWnEASY,s 95 5.3 5 speed build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a buyer lined up for my 350 tbi motor so it came out today. now im talking to a guy local with a 5.3, and iv spotted one on ebay so as soon as the guy comes and gets the old motor i will be picking up or ordering my a 5.3
i still have to order a few fuel part but so far i have my fuel pump swap plates temp sensor and oil sender adapter. im hoping i can have this done in a couple of weeks.
i will be doing my own harness and sending my pcm to some one for the tune, not sure who yet.
after the swap is complete i will slowly gather turbo parts
precision turbo, not sure on a size yet
duel walbro pumps
80# or bigger injectors
tu2 cam with matching springs and retainers
i will custom build my own hot side and cold side with inter cooler
tune will be on a dyno shooting for 15 lbs or 700hp, which ever comes second

the swap will be over the cores of a week or two and the turbo will be mid to late summer and this thread wil be updated as i go.

here are a few pics to get it started
still need to clean up what i can and paint some stuff
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't wait to get it done. Its my daily driver for now so I'm having to borrow the father in laws truck

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my motor ordered, got me a 4.8 off eBay complete for 659 to my door. Still ha e to get off my lazy asz and go put my fuel pump in
Motor should be here next Monday or Tuesday then the fun begins

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a little up date on prices and parts that iv got/ordered so far.
So far I have 480.55 in this swap. Still another ~$200 worth of items to purchase but the total should come in well under a 1k

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reason the 4.8 was so cheep is no one wants them these days.... The 5.3 is a hundred times better then the 4.8. I honestly would have held out for a good deal on a 5.3.

The 5.3 will handle the upgrades/power adders you want to add better as well. Drive any same model and year truck that had the option of the 4.8 and the 5.3 all with same options, gearing, etc and you will see what I mean....

Just my opinion, take it or leave it, as it is just that, my opinion.

With that said, enjoy your project and will look forward to seeing the finished results.

Sent from what use to be a great country.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And there is no difference in material of the internals from a 5.3 to a 4.8. Just different stroke. So either will take abuse from simple bolt on's to blowers. Also the 4.8 takes boost better than the 5.3 something about better rod to stroke ratio (think that's what it is)

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, had a big set back today, got the motor in yesterday, got around and pulled the intake off earlier and #3 and #8 intake valves were so corroded it didn't even look like a valve. Pulled the plugs and tried to turn it over by hand and it would only turn about 30° back and forth. Sooo have to wait till tomorrow to find out what happens next...