lowering my 94 fullsize blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_94

Reaction score
well i have been searching through this and many other sites to get ideas and this is my first post on this site.i traded a 87 s10 blazer that i had finished a v8 swap on for this fullsize blazer and at first couldn't decide if i should lift or lower it.

You must be registered for see images attach

it was stock (maybe keys cranked up) with 285/70/16 all around

so after some research on this and many other forums i decided to lower it.

i bought a set of new purple keys from the dealer and a flip kit without the notch.

which brings me to issue number one. i didn't completely research the rear and decided i didnt want to flip it and end up with a 7-8 in drop so i just
go a pair of drop shackles from auto zone

right after the keys were installed i also replaced the banged up door and hood. replace the stock 16s for a set of 00and up wt wheels with the chrome caps.

after installing the drop shackles and new stock replacement shocks from autozone

when i was installing the front shocks i noticed someone down the line installed a set of procomp shocks and noticed a less bouncy ride after the replacement

comparison shot, white shock is the pro comp and black is the Gabriel replacement

also noticed the cv axles dont like the fact that i changed the suspension, oh well

also wondering if i should remove the chrome caps from the wheels and have a blacked out wheel any thoughts?

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool! I'm in the process of buying a 93 K1500 Blazer that I'm looking to lower too. I'm looking at the Belltech 1-3" front, 3" read kits with shocks. What is the rim and tire size you put on it? I'm looking to keep the original saw blades and not sure what size tires to get. It's got some almost beat 265/75r16 m/t type on it now.

J_94

Reaction score
current tires are 265/75/17 and the rims are 17in from newer silverados/sierras they seem to fit fine, i got a set of the 16in 6lug steelies that ive been thinking about putting on with 245s just to lower the truck more. i honestly went back and forth on which drop keys to get and since im impatient and didnt want to spend 120 for the belltech keys i called around to see which dealer had the purple keys in stock, plus they were around 80 dollars.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, the look shorter than 75... so those 17" rim+tires you put on are the same width as stock but an inch taller?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

J_94

Reaction score
well there used tires so there also worn down a bit. i can get a close up on the wheel later today but with the keys decranked all the way the tires almost touched the fender

J_94

Reaction score
double checked the tires i was wrong, there 265/70/17

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
double checked the tires i was wrong, there 265/70/17

Good to know! 265/75/16 and 265/70/17 should be close to the same diameter... seeing how yours sits, I think I'll go 275/70/16 to get a touch more width and less height.