Lowered 4wds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Idunno if it's been done before... But vehicles like the trailblazer 4wd (I know nothing about our body style 4x4s)
But, they have the axles going through the oil pan.. possibly you could use a motor setup like that? If the pan/ motor was as low as a GMT400s, the axles would be less of an angle laying frame then a normal 4wd axle on a small lift.. opposite direction though... I have noticed every trailblazer/ envoy that's 2wd still have the 4wd pan and hub bearings.. Guess GM decided screw it, make them all the same..lol
Like I said, Idunno if it's even been done before, or even possible.. but I assume you'd have a 500% chance of being able to turn a 4wd GMT400 into possibly the first one bodied...lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
The Trailblazer bolts the actual diff do one side of the oil pan to accomplish that, the GMT400 has the diff in a cradle

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
BTW, that's the precise reason my 3" lift on my Trailblazer is as high as I can go, there's no way to drop the diff to alleviate my CV angles

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I wish it was easier to lower a 4x4 GMT400, most of my vehicle problems would be solved than! I would love to have a lowered GMT400 but I need 4x4 here in snowland. I've been considering buying a 2wd so I can have a lowered one too but then I'd want a rcsb with manual trans which are very hard to find here. :(

Reaction score
I was talking about using trailblazer setup to lower a 4wd K1500.. not lift. And getting higher than 4" of lift on a trailblazer is possible with bigger tires, but you have to have hubcentric spacers to get the tires past the ball joints.

Still, a bagged/ lowered K1500 would be sick though

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I was talking about using trailblazer setup to lower a 4wd K1500.. not lift. And getting higher than 4" of lift on a trailblazer is possible with bigger tires, but you have to have hubcentric spacers to get the tires past the ball joints.

Still, a bagged/ lowered K1500 would be sick though
The tires have nothing to do with the lift...

And raising or lowering, a Trailblazer diff just won't work on a Gmt400

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
A 3" suspension lift is 3" if you run 28's or 40's...

How the components of the suspension interact with one another and the chassis and drivetrain of the vehicle has everything to do with the space they are given, where they are mounted, and how the angles between them are altered.

It has nothing to do, again, with whether it has 28's or 40's at the end of it all...

The trailblazers differential, bolts to the oil pan. On the other side, is a disconnect. In between is an intermediate shaft. Hooked to those are Tripot CV shafts, which then go out to the hub, that is a completely different design than a GMT 400. Whether it has 28's are 40's on it. It can't be adapted to a 400, not with a rasonable amount of effort.

The reason Trailblazers can only use 3" of suspension lift, whether they have a 28 inch tire, or a 40 inch tire, is because the Tripot axle shafts cannot take more angularity than that. There is no way to drop the diff, because the intermediate shaft MUST pass through the oil pan, in the space available. Whether it has 28' tires or 40" tires.

I mean, I'm just an engineer, who owns a Trailblazer, that's lifted... so I could be wrong here...

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was not talking about a trailblazer, or any other vehicle.. just said bigger tires add lift.... but I think everybody already knows that right.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
A Trailblazer was being discussed though... right above you, up there ^^^ Where I said the tire size has nothing to do with the max size lift I can run on my Trailblazer, and you replied that Tires do have something to do with it.