Lowered 4wds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Here's my 4x4 I lowered 5/8. It's been driven daily for over 10 years this low without any problems with the drivetrain.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Here's my 4x4 I lowered 5/8. It's been driven daily for over 10 years this low without any problems with the drivetrain.

:jawdrop:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wish it was easier to lower a 4x4 GMT400, most of my vehicle problems would be solved than! I would love to have a lowered GMT400 but I need 4x4 here in snowland. I've been considering buying a 2wd so I can have a lowered one too but then I'd want a rcsb with manual trans which are very hard to find here. :(

You could always have one shipped to you. :) They're not super common here, but they can be found. Only problem is the light duty 5 speed isn't a very strong transmission. Finding a good used replacement is tough even here, and finding someone capable of a quality rebuild can be tricky, too. It's a difficult transmission to rebuild, unnecessarily complex and requires specialty tools.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5380827906.html

Richard

Reaction score
Yep, bigger tires is more lift. Every inch of tire equals a half inch of lift... According to basic math. I'm not an engineer, but since we looked into lifting our Trailblazer before buying a lift kit, they do sell 5&6" lift kits for them. And hundreds of people have lifted them, or every trailblazer and envoy forum that's been around since they came out, is full of crap... Which I seriously doubt.

But As I Stated... We weren't talking about LIFT. The topic was LOWERING a 4wd GMT400... My ONLY thought with the Trailblazer setup IS the Fact it goes through the pan.. Which MOVES THE AXLE CENTERLINE HIGHER..

WHICH MEANS THE AXLE WOULD BE HIGHER UP.. AKA LOWERING THE VEHICLE.. How is that hard? Never said it's been done, never said it would or even could be easy.
Anyways, I'm done with this... Was only tossing the idea out because there's a major difference between where the axles sit. Itd be a major drop in suspension height.

NevurMind85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with moving the front axle higher is i think the frame is in the way.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I don't get the appeal...

Have you ever seen the market for AWD vehicles? Most of which are low? You must be the odd duck out, considering the majority of the population gets the appeal for it.

Unless you are talking lowered vehicles in general. In that case, I can't help you. You live by a set of standards that are narcissistic and don't make much sense. Most lowered truck owners have more skill in their left pinky than everyone riding around in a lifted truck.