Low buck TBI truck Cams

Cam Choice

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
"Advertised", closer to 15% less. I'll go out and measure my Mr GoodWrench cam and get back to you - not really, lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ah, I forgot I moved "Chevy" out with "Gear head", accurate measurements may not be obtainable but, I think duration might be 15 years in the deserts. Sorry - I couldn't help myself! :cheers::head3::head3:

lol, that’s funny.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM'S own info seems wrong. The 350 Goodwrench engine has it's camshaft listed as 194/202 @.050 and .383 / .401 . The 350 TBI cam is 165/179 @ .050 and .382/.402. The infamous 305 peanut cam is 179/194 and .354/.384. Lift on TBI is basically the same as the Good wrench engine but less duration than the peanut? Makes no sense.
Does not shock me in the least since they don't even ship a cam spec card with their "performance" cams.

66NovaSS

Reaction score
Just gonna do updates from here on of the truck. Found of a set of 305 HO 416 heads currently they are 53cc 1.84 int going up to a 1.94 int but have to port them to make room other wise the bigger valve might clip the edge under stress. Got a complete set of dirt-cheap z28 springs same flat tappet cam for now. Current flow bench of the 416 heads is 200CFM @ .400” shooting for 240-250 after port/polish. Got a Holley mechanical 4140 carb decent intake MSD box, upgraded tranny cooler, gauges. (Trans, Oil temp, AFR) Reman crank came in along with complete set of cele it’s bearings block is getting sonic tested and magnafluxed atm, reusing stock rods but new pistons and rings. Started on body work haven’t touched it since laying down the final coat but not done with it. Done with rattle can nothing pretty fixing the rust before final coat and clear didnt have cab corners in and wasn’t gonna have time to prep for paint so got it partially done over a week.