Low beam hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i havent done mine yet but i believe 6000k is the best to use its the brightest of the spectrum after 6k they get more color less light but i may be wrong

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
4300 is the temp that car companies use but i believe 4500 is the whitest and brightest white so that is what im ordering for my truck. No ricey blue ****.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4500K-5000K has about the most Lumen output. 4500K, as jdyates said, is what most car mfgs use for a color temp. So 35W 4500K or 5000K is going to be your best bet for light output as well as a white color vs a blue with the higher Kelvin temps.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DDM :read: They've been ok. Great color and all, but eveyrone preached about getting the relay harness ($15) or they might flicker and short out...So i did...The damn relay harness crapped out on me within a month or 2, so I removed it and it's been great. Every once in a while I turn them on and only 1 headlight will come on, but flick them off and back on and it's fixed...I think they're all the same japanese crap really, but I would have to suggest DDM for the lifetime warranty. I need to get that relay harness replaced but I've been too lazy and they worked fine.

The thing about the relay harness is it helps when you first fire them on...just like how every once in a while only 1 of mine comes on...but on alot of vehicles it's much worse and you essentially have to use the relay harness or they'll flicker and just be terrible...however for my truck it was the opposite...With the harness they would flicker on every bump and just crap out...Removed it, problem solved.

Oh, forgot to say I got 6000 k lows 35w ballasts.
You must be registered for see images attach

6k is the best if you want 80% white and 20% blue

if you want near 99% white go with 5k or 4,500k

SinisterSilverado

Chronic Boredom
Reaction score
Right now I'm running 5000k 35w. I got them on ebay a few years ago and no problems so far.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I've got 8000k for my hi beams but not sure on what I could run on my low beams and not get pulled over for blinding people

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right now I'm running 5000k 35w. I got them on ebay a few years ago and no problems so far.

Do you have projection lights on your truck if not does the light spread good at night? I was thinking of getting some but I just want to stay with stock new lights mine are faded.