Low beam hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I got mine from sharphid.com. They are the DDM kit and I have 35w 6000k low beams. I'm ordering the 55w 6000k HIDs for the highs because I have the four hi relay kit

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If I run 6000k 35 watt for my low beams with 8000k 35 watt high beams would the 4 hi work properly?

SinisterSilverado

Chronic Boredom
Reaction score
Do you have projection lights on your truck if not does the light spread good at night? I was thinking of getting some but I just want to stay with stock new lights mine are faded.

Nope, I just have regular TYC Elegante headlights and they cover pretty good at night.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
If I run 6000k 35 watt for my low beams with 8000k 35 watt high beams would the 4 hi work properly?

Yes but I dont think your color will match 1badgmc would no a lil more about that prob have you checked out his thread on hid's?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
DDM :read: They've been ok. Great color and all, but eveyrone preached about getting the relay harness ($15) or they might flicker and short out...So i did...The damn relay harness crapped out on me within a month or 2, so I removed it and it's been great. Every once in a while I turn them on and only 1 headlight will come on, but flick them off and back on and it's fixed...I think they're all the same japanese crap really, but I would have to suggest DDM for the lifetime warranty. I need to get that relay harness replaced but I've been too lazy and they worked fine.

The thing about the relay harness is it helps when you first fire them on...just like how every once in a while only 1 of mine comes on...but on alot of vehicles it's much worse and you essentially have to use the relay harness or they'll flicker and just be terrible...however for my truck it was the opposite...With the harness they would flicker on every bump and just crap out...Removed it, problem solved.

Ive never ran a relay harness and have never had any probs I think they are mainly for newer vehicles to keep from error codes :shrug:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DDM :read: They've been ok. Great color and all, but eveyrone preached about getting the relay harness ($15) or they might flicker and short out...So i did...The damn relay harness crapped out on me within a month or 2, so I removed it and it's been great. Every once in a while I turn them on and only 1 headlight will come on, but flick them off and back on and it's fixed...I think they're all the same japanese crap really, but I would have to suggest DDM for the lifetime warranty. I need to get that relay harness replaced but I've been too lazy and they worked fine.

The thing about the relay harness is it helps when you first fire them on...just like how every once in a while only 1 of mine comes on...but on alot of vehicles it's much worse and you essentially have to use the relay harness or they'll flicker and just be terrible...however for my truck it was the opposite...With the harness they would flicker on every bump and just crap out...Removed it, problem solved.

Ive never ran a relay harness and have never had any probs I think they are mainly for newer vehicles to keep from error codes :shrug:

Yea that's what I'm saying. My info came from GMFS where there are tons of guys running the NNBS trucks. Pretty sure the OBS work fine without. I know mine does.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yea that's what I'm saying. My info came from GMFS where there are tons of guys running the NNBS trucks. Pretty sure the OBS work fine without. I know mine does.

Depends alot on alternator output and strength as to whether the ballast gets enough source surge to then output surge the HID bulbs to fire them up.