Little bit of bass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
People can judge my work all day long, and they do!!! But what you will never ever hear is that I use cheap materials, that my math is not right, or it's not built right!!!! Lol
"Build it right, and build it once"
"There's no time or money to do it right the first time, but always is for redoing it"....is the way several of my former employers operated. And then they had to ask why there's not money for raises or infrastructure improvements.....

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People can judge my work all day long, and they do!!! But what you will never ever hear is that I use cheap materials, that my math is not right, or it's not built right!!!! Lol
As someone who's been in the audio scene for around 15 years, I agree. While MDF does have it's uses in audio, the only times I will use it is when someone is asking me to build them a super cheap enclosure for some super cheap subs. Even then, I do my best to at least make it look good. I haven't used any on a personal build in a very long time. I will gladly spend the money on cabinet grade birch. I spend a good deal of time calculating all of my enclosures for proper fitment and tuning. Been brainstorming how I want to design the box for my extended cab. Part of me says to ditch the back seat entirely and do a half-wall but I can't bring myself to do that as it's the only vehicle I have right now that isn't a single cab truck. Haha

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
…I loathe MDF and it is heavy.
MDF has its place! As far as density, it's kinda king! Birch is just waaay harder, but it's still layers. When I do a crazy build, or where sound quality is an important factor I will mix the two. A MDF box with a Birch box built around it and alternating layers on the face 4 deep, 2 of each...... my my my!!!!! Incredible SOUNDING enclosure, as long as specifications of the design were correct...... I imagine some will say "whatever", or roll the eyes. BUT someone will try it and become a believer and will preach the holy word of enclosures!!!!! Hahahaha

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you ever consider designing and selling a box for the planed speaker, placement, truck that the owner could assemble and end up with a quality custom designed box?
I'll help and design however I can. Just pm me with some specifics or start a thread and we can share with the group.... whatever makes it easy for ya.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not looking for anything yet.
It was just a idea that could help people out like me that can only wood work with crayons and stretchy china tape measure.
Pre cut kit from a known GMT400 guy might make ya a few extra bucks.