Limiting Straps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have the old pro comp lift.

After toying around with my truck and having all the ball joints be bad (alignment shop told me this), I started hunting for a reason as to why they were shot. As it turns out there is no bottom bump stop to limit down travel. I looked at the pro comp kits for cast a arms and they had limiting straps. I assume this is the reason why I am blowing ball joints. Can anyone photograph where the limiting straps attach to so I can add some to my setup?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Huh I've never seen limiting straps on ifs subbed to see pics

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Kinda weird to need straps on an IFS lift... Kinda curious as to how this will turn out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yours is an older style and both the odl and new have bumpstops, someone probably cut yours if it was over cranked before. they dont come with limiting straps.

Reaction score
Can anyone take a picture of the bumpstops. It is possible I am just blind.

There is a urethane bushing on the inside of the drop down bracket, but it looks like it has never been hit by the LCA. I guess I should jack up the truck and see what limits it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your shocks shouldnt limit your travel, youll blow em out, i can get you a pic later tomorrow if need be still, i work im the morning not sure when ill be back home. i have the newere rear crossmember on my older style lift as a replacement and both the old and new ones had bumpstops front and rear.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
This is a 99 tahoe I would think its the same suspension set up as a 97.

You must be registered for see images attach

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
'95 K2500 Suburban with a Pro Comp 6'' lift & a limiting strap.

Reaction score
Mine doesn't look like that. I don't even thing that is the right size bump stop.

Here is some sort of poly bushing on the drop down bracket. I can't imagine the lower arm to ever touch that thing.

EDIT:
They do have limiting straps!! I guess I will call procomp and get some ordered! I'll reply later and get the correct length. Also, that Tahoe has stamped A-Arms, grandpadirt and I have forged ones.

Last edited: