Lights package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnewxcv

Reaction score
Do you mean like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

vs

You must be registered for see images attach

if so, the first picture is a "Cheyenne" trim, while the bottom is a "Silverado" trim. That is how they were referred in the early years, with Silverado being the top trim, and Cheyenne being cheaper with less features.

It gets a little confusing because in later years, the single headlight style became known as the W/T, or work truck, and you could get "Cheyenne" trucks with the "Silverado" style headlights.

Survivor

Reaction score
Ok Thanks , So are they interchangeable or is the wiring harness different , I need to replace my grill and I do not know which will be easier to find.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think everything would bolt on. Only had composite, but I have read of guys swapping in the 88 style so you can adjust the high and low beam separate.
As far as wiring, you have a ground wire a high beam hot wire, and a low beam hot wire. It is a very good idea to wire this up to relays so you no longer run all that electrical load on your dash switch, they do go out. Then the switch only turns the relay on and should last a very long time. While you are at it you could do the 4hi mod.

mnewxcv

Reaction score
You will need some of the harness, going from one bulb to two. And doesn't the side marker have another bulb as well? As far as I know there is no common junction in the two harnesses so they would need to be spliced. Either grill is in every junkyard near me so if go with whatever you already have.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You will need some of the harness, going from one bulb to two. And doesn't the side marker have another bulb as well? As far as I know there is no common junction in the two harnesses so they would need to be spliced. Either grill is in every junkyard near me so if go with whatever you already have.
If you change from composite style to sealed beam headlights or vice versa, the connector plugs for the bulbs are different. But most parts stores should have them.