Light bar in grille Mounted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a 22” curved NILIGHT spot/ flood combo. Just took a piece of flatbar & bolted to the riser the horn and hood latch is mounted on. Had to break the tab off of the horn mount to spin it some but it wasnt in the way after. Be forewarned; the vertical bar is not center ‍♂️♂️ Its off by app. 3/4 of an inch. I had to readjust once I found true center. This is just a huntin truck so i wasnt worried about not having a smooth edge. If i ever buy another grill i will metabo cut out the area again but weld in some sheet metal. Haven’t wired up yet; but i know these work.. have several smaller 12” and 4” reverse same manufacturer.

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing with mine, but a larger light bar. Is that mounting location strong enough to hold it without reinforcing it or adding more mounting hardware?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used two 1/4” self tapp screws. If i was doin a bigger light bar id def reinforce it. If these break i will migweld it on. I dont really see it bein an issue tho on this one

ME TOO 2

Reaction score
Bought a 22” curved NILIGHT spot/ flood combo. Just took a piece of flatbar & bolted to the riser the horn and hood latch is mounted on. Had to break the tab off of the horn mount to spin it some but it wasnt in the way after. Be forewarned; the vertical bar is not center ‍♂️♂️ Its off by app. 3/4 of an inch. I had to readjust once I found true center. This is just a huntin truck so i wasnt worried about not having a smooth edge. If i ever buy another grill i will metabo cut out the area again but weld in some sheet metal. Haven’t wired up yet; but i know these work.. have several smaller 12” and 4” reverse same manufacturer.

Nice DRLs

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thunder approves! Should help us check hog traps easier now & run backroads

& yes,,, that is a dodge tow mirror. Once I get the drivers side on I will do the write up on them