lift keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whihc would be better? 1/2t or the 3/4? im not looking for mega crank jsut mine got about an inch befoer the keys hit the top of the crossmember. my arms arent on the droop stops and i only did a 2inch block so i thought it woulda been able to crank level but when i did the block it ened up more than the 1.5 inches of crank i got or how ever muh it was

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking for around the same, gong with a 2 inch block maybe, then crank to level, right now my keys are almost all the way, one side the bolt it is bottomed out, and I'm like half inch from the droop stops. I think the 3/4 tons might last longer, better chance of them not being saggy on a 1/2 ton.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much would the 3/4 affect the ride? It seems like if you ever carry much load the 3/4 would give you more carrying capacity no?

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
going to pick up the bars today. off a 94 for around 20 bucks. was going to get crossmember but dont want to move it back and there isnt much room to move it back. im hoping after i get these on it will be level with the rear and give more room for the 35s. the 2500 bars are a lot further away and probably more expensive.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am just going to throw this out there. Bars that are 17 years old are probably just as worn out.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i guess ill find out its only gonna be like 15 bucks

edit: not going to get them just yet. if i can sell my stock wheels ill see how much the 2500 bars are. would it be better if i went with 2500 bars out of a truck with a 6.0?

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i got truck bars a few weeks ago.. got them on today... biggest pain in ass lol. didnt knw they were labled left and right so got it on wrong and tried to load em and ended up messin up my torsion bar tool. had to use a c clamp. had to take trans crossmember out and the t bar one to get the bars in and out. had to use head to break em loose and a lot of hammers. one of my boots got burnt so greeese is everywhere need a new one now and need to go get it aligned . i cranked em too much when we did em so it rides like a tank. it bounces so much. going to lower it some tomorrow. got over an inch of lift before. fronts higher now. going to lower to level and improve ride i hope. not something i like to do again lol but truck bars do work on tahoes! they are thicker and longer but no issuses. when we did my buddys 00 1500 the bars literaly slid out.. mine not so much lol. will get some pictures tomorrow after i get the height all dailed it. not bad for 20 bucks but too from 11 till 5 almost because we calld everywhere trying to find a new torsion bar tool but ended up having to use a large c clamp to get my truck out of their shop