Levers under dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are these levers? The one on the left i know is for toe vents; but what's the one beside it? (Scuse the messed up floor, I'm in the process of replacing it.)
From L to R;
Park brake
Clutch
Brake
Throttle.

I love this place.

PS I don't have them on any of mine so I'm clueless.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What are these levers? The one on the left i know is for toe vents; but what's the one beside it? (Scuse the messed up floor, I'm in the process of replacing it.)
Pretty sure it's for the left and right vents. It's been a long time since I saw a gmt400 with those, not very common (most trucks around here are A/C-equipped so they didn't have those manual vent controls)

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always a good idea to start with " my, make, model, year, eng , trans". We don't guess, members often own more than 1 truck, me 3 trucks, 1 Tahoe. Do have Air Conditioner,? And you really didn't know, even use some imagination...

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine Looks slightly different than yours: (ignore the blue wire push button - I don't even know what it did)
You can see that one is broke, but the good one sits more recessed than yours.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Mine Looks slightly different than yours: (ignore the blue wire push button - I don't even know what it did)

That looks like an aftermarket horn button, but those can be used for anything that uses a larger current draw like a horn or remote starter switch.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Hmmm.. Red illuminated rocker switch, arm missiles? Funky old style pushbutton and blue wire on top of dash. 48 Chevy ranch truck had one attached to steering column when my uncle broke the horn button. Silver single throw switch, nitrous? Where do I get a blue ashtray, for my blue interior 93 K1500? :Big Laugh:

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's for the left and right vents. It's been a long time since I saw a gmt400 with those, not very common (most trucks around here are A/C-equipped so they didn't have those manual vent controls)

Richard
I think you're right. I just saw one at the u-pull-it and the symbol on the left one is a mirror image of the one on the right.