Let's talk headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i ordered a set of anzos from summit for 119.95 shipped, we'll see how good they are in a day or so. atleast with summit returns are no problem if needed. whats the deal with the sealing people are talking about? around the bulb sockets or what? from my original ebay purchase i also got a set of depo parking lights, a little lighter build than oem but look real nice in the truck and reflect real nice, only needed minor de-burring in the socket holes and fit good.

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So has anyone tried these? are they any good ?

Myself as well as several other members have them. There's a reason that it's been mentioned several times just in this thread alone that they're pretty much the best clear headlights you can buy for these trucks.

Does anyone have know the correct matching pair of Elegante parking lights for these http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/clear_headlights/ELEHE52610/elegante80-6227-01-.aspx ?
I haven't been able to find them, unless you simply use the oem replacement ones TYC makes

Yeah, get the matching Elegante parking lights. I can't find them by searching on Stylin', but they've been bad lately about not being able to look up the Elegante stuff, even though they have it. You might try e-mailing them about them or I found them here at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/TYC-82-5191-0...1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332981574&sr=8-1-fkmr1

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks, must be a common problem i take it? should i just do it to the headlights and parking lights to be safe?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks, must be a common problem i take it? should i just do it to the headlights and parking lights to be safe?

I've never sealed my Elegante headlights and haven't had a single drop of moisture in them, but I can't speak for Anzos. If you do, it's only the headlights you really have to worry about. Moisture isn't a huge issue on even the crappiest of parking lights.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to send back one set of Anzos after a while and they sent me a whole new pair with no issue, I put clear rtv around the lens to housing area to ensure it won't leak, with the extreme winters and summers in MO, plastic can only take so much, I would not call it crappy on their part.

Mysilvi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of Anzo's I just noticed a hole or a breather port with some type of fabric to allow them to breath so as it wont fog up. Has anyone covered this hole before ????cause my stock lights dont have such a feature...

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I'm needing a vertical adjuster for my TYC lights...........anyone know where I can get one?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of Anzo's I just noticed a hole or a breather port with some type of fabric to allow them to breath so as it wont fog up. Has anyone covered this hole before ????cause my stock lights dont have such a feature...

Elegante headlights have a vent as well.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got the anzos today, nice quality and look good so i put them in. bolted in and fit real nice... with the grill out, went to put the grill in and no go. the lens are too far outboard (towards the fenders) and hit the edge of the grill so it wont fit, the right side is considerably worse. if i pull the grill over to go over the light on that side, the grill mounting holes are off a good quarter inch. the mounting brackets seem to fit just like the oems did, the locating **** and bolt holes all line up. so something is off with the way the lens/adjuster bracket and mounting bracket go together and position the light itself. this simple job of swapping my lights is driving me crazy. if i can come up with a set of oem mounting brackets ill try to mount the anzos on them but my oems are siezed up and broken so need to find a set unless another solution is found but im not sure that will solve the problem until i try it anyway. Help?!