Headlight / running / corner light interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clearly a 88-93 truck; but ad states otherwise lol

This type of thing is extremely common with lights for these trucks listed on eBay, especially from Chinese sellers. When I was shopping (hoarding) a bunch of corner lights years ago I'd regularly see Chevy corners listed as GMC, '88-'93 listed as '94+, etc. It all looks the same to whoever puts up the pictures, they have no clue. I even bought a few sets of corners that I knew weren't correct based on the pictures, but the sellers assured me they were correct for my application. None of them would even bother to change the listings after I sent them photo proof of their mistakes.

budviper1962

Reaction score
This a post I’ve been wanting to see. I’ve been searching for new lights and some I like are 88-93 but I needed 94, soo I was wondering what the difference was between the 93-94. As for side markers I’ve decided on these. POPMOTORZ 4 Pack LED Front Corner Light Side Marker Signal Lamps Assembly Kit for Chevy C/K Series 1500 2500 3500 Chevy Tahoe/Chevy Suburban/Chevrolet Silverado 1994-1998 Pickup Truck Smoked Len https://a.co/d/7eF828f
Still not sure on headlights yet!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
This a post I’ve been wanting to see. I’ve been searching for new lights and some I like are 88-93 but I needed 94, soo I was wondering what the difference was between the 93-94. As for side markers I’ve decided on these. POPMOTORZ 4 Pack LED Front Corner Light Side Marker Signal Lamps Assembly Kit for Chevy C/K Series 1500 2500 3500 Chevy Tahoe/Chevy Suburban/Chevrolet Silverado 1994-1998 Pickup Truck Smoked Len https://a.co/d/7eF828f
Still not sure on headlights yet!

Did you see that review with pictures? I don't know all the ins and outs of compatibilty between years, but they sure didn't fit that guys grill.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you see that review with pictures? I don't know all the ins and outs of compatibilty between years, but they sure didn't fit that guys grill.
Having a hard time telling from his pics what grille he's trying to install them on, but the one picture showing his OEM lens looks like he chose the wrong kit. The OEM amber lens in his pic appears to be 88-93.. or maybe I'm just too asleep to figure out what he's showing us.

Richard