Let's talk headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Stock OEM, Projection, Smoked, and more. What are the pro's and con's? Projector headlights have the halo look to them, correct? Is one better than the other? I'm looking to replace my stock '93 lenses with clear lenses. Nothing tinted. Something with a black trim would be SWEET to match the parking light.
Old clouded lens:
You must be registered for see images attach

New lens:

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
heres mine i got in a junkyard.... they can be bought on ebay

also i have the corners also but they're for the gmc grille

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
May work for me. Any idea brand?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would personally recommend getting a clear lensed non projection headlight housing with a chrome diamond cut reflector, and with a glare cap on the low beam bulbs. In general, the so called "projector" headlights available for our trucks in the aftermarket... well just plain suck. However SouthernPride has a set in his truck, and he says there great so his set may be the exception. Also stay away from any tinted headlights, or black housings, becuase either will severly decrease light out put. Thats my opinion anyway Jeff!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I would personally recommend getting a clear lensed non projection headlight housing with a chrome diamond cut reflector, and with a glare cap on the low beam bulbs. In general, the so called "projector" headlights available for our trucks in the aftermarket... well just plain suck. However SouthernPride has a set in his truck, and he says there great so his set may be the exception. Also stay away from any tinted headlights, or black housings, becuase either will severly decrease light out put. Thats my opinion anyway Jeff!

:bowroflwerd6:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever set you get run a bead of silicone around them before you install to keep away leaks. I have TYC elegantes and had to do this even with them. I did buy them used off Craigslist for $50 though....

So my vote is for elegantes, but they are pricey new....

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the ones Im putting in my truck.

I love projector lights, although youre right in that the aftermarket ones leave a lot to be desired. The ones Im using are out of a Mitsu 3000 GT-late 90s I think-and they use a projector for both hi and low beams. The real cool thing is that they use the same bulbs as our trucks, so electrical wise its plug and play.

Some more pics

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me either. Does require a bit of clearancing of the rad support. As soon as I can find a tool or tools that will work, they'll be in there. Already have the mounting figured out-I think....