Lets see them 8 lugs!! 2500-3500 Photo thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I sold this truck to a friend of mine late last summer after I bought an 04 2500HD crew cab...less than impressed with the 6.0L so its going down the road and I bought this one back! Soon as the crew sells it's getting an RCD lift and new BFG KO2's
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I sold this truck to a friend of mine late last summer after I bought an 04 2500HD crew cab...less than impressed with the 6.0L so its going down the road and I bought this one back!
Not to sidetrack but was the 2004 LQ4? Less than impressed? I didn't think too much of the 6.0 in my old 2009 3500HD work truck but that SOB weighed 10K lbs empty and the 6 speed auto had a mind of its own, making the truck less than "fun" to drive; while that newer 6.0 should have had more power I think DBW and all the AFM crap in it also impacted how it felt to drive. I believe, but not sure, it was the LY6.

Anyway, I ask because I'm considering what to swap into my '94 if I eventually go that route.

Richard

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Time for an update after the new wheels and tires.

Trucks look great!

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to sidetrack but was the 2004 LQ4? Less than impressed? I didn't think too much of the 6.0 in my old 2009 3500HD work truck but that SOB weighed 10K lbs empty and the 6 speed auto had a mind of its own, making the truck less than "fun" to drive; while that newer 6.0 should have had more power I think DBW and all the AFM crap in it also impacted how it felt to drive. I believe, but not sure, it was the LY6.

Anyway, I ask because I'm considering what to swap into my '94 if I eventually go that route.

Richard

I stilll have it but, don't know if it is the LQ9, the truck runs great empty but, IMO sucks towing to my expectations. I thought I could live with it but, it only gets 10mpg around town and not the torque I am happy with towing. 6.0L run great but they aren't a towing motor IMO, when I buy another NBS...and I will it will either be a duramax or a 8.1L.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Check the SPID label in the glovebox for the engine code, and the gears will be a Gxx code. Whatcha got?

The 6.0 in the 2009 3500HD also struck me that it didn't seem like it was all that great for towing. It got 9MPG but again it was a wrecker that weighs 10K lbs EMPTY due to the wrecker unit and other extra equipment.

8.1's are beasts...even in a fully loaded 26' U-Haul. :gr_grin:

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Richard
They're dogs stock imo. I've had one and drove probably 5 and wasn't overly impressed but. A good tune would wake them up a lot I think. Either way much better than a 350

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time for an update after the new wheels and tires.

LOTSOFPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICSPICS

As much as I love looking at your truck on both forums, I always cringe because I know there will be "That guy" a day or so later that will quote you and EVERY picture in your original post.

I don't know if I should love or hate your truck. :hitit:

joezgarage

Reaction score

What are you guys doing to clear larger tires on those pyo wheels? Just purchased a 95 C2500 with them. Previous owner had these 225/75/16s on them. I can barely clear 1 finger between the tire and the upper a-arm.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Im running py0s and 285s on a c2500 and they rub the frame. They just dont have enough offset not to with out spacers or a spindle lift. Eventually im going to run a spacer and a 2" bl
Remeber the k2500 gu y s can crank to clear us 2wd need to do more work

Sent from my SM-N910P