LED turn signals and side markers no driving lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clellisx

Reaction score
I had purchased two sets of LED turn signals and side markers and while having a mechanic do other work I had him install them for me. He said when the side markers are hooked up in conjunction with the new front LED turn signals the driving lights won't work. Any ideas as to why?
Here's what I bought:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Year, make, model will get you more and better info. Are they polarity specific. LED= light emitting diode. Diode only flows voltage one way ,usually. Tested to function before installation.
Headlights off, turn signals work? Y or N
Headlights on running lights work ? Y or N
Headlights on turn signals do what? Left turn what happens. Rt turn what happens.

clellisx

Reaction score
Year, make, model will get you more and better info. Are they polarity specific. LED= light emitting diode. Diode only flows voltage one way ,usually. Tested to function before installation.
Headlights off, turn signals work? Y or N
Headlights on running lights work ? Y or N
Headlights on turn signals do what? Left turn what happens. Rt turn what happens.
Year, make, model - 98 Chevy Tahoe
Headlights off, turn signals work? Y
Headlights on running lights work ? Y
Headlights on turn signals do what? Left turn what happens. Rt turn what happens. Act properly

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you say "running lights" are you referring to the factory DRLs that use the low beam headlight bulb, or the white portion of your new LED parking light assemblies?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Non W/T lights?
Is the problem with DRLs, or the parking lights, or the bright flashing turn signals?

If it's the flashing turn signals or parking lights:
@GoToGuy is asking the right question, post 2: regarding polarity
The 194 side bulb is your problem. The wiring takes power from 2 sources and the socket is wired bi-directionally. Most LEDs don't work that way, especially Chinesium ones.
Yank out the 194 LED, install a conventional bulb and retest.