LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Do you have some sort of diagram that we could use to know how to make these light up properly? Man, id love to have mine light up red!!

Are wanting a diagram to light up the needles or the cluster? or both haha. I should be able to work on this soon I hope.

CrewCab Steve

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Are wanting a diagram to light up the needles or the cluster? or both haha. I should be able to work on this soon I hope.

CrewCab Steve

I'm interested in how you do the color shift on the needle.

I think I know how it's done, but I don't want to "spill the beans"....:)

Curious though; are your led's in series of parallel?

Do you have dimming capability?

If yours dim are you r using a pot or PWM?

I have the general circuit path mapped out for mine, it's not "plug and play" stuff. Yours seem to be a similar implementation....

*edit - Saw how the color shift happens in the thread on the other forum. Pretty much what I thought! :)

Last edited:

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Air you just wanna see how I light up the needle or the whole cluster?
sorry for so many question. Just wanna get you an exact answer.

CrewCab Steve

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Im ganno share this secret with you guys but if you have more question afterwards I will still be happy to answer them. Im not at home so I can post up info right now.

CrewCab Steve

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
None of CrewCabs photos were loading for me? And I still didn't see a picture of how the LEDs were mounted for the needles? I understand the clearing an painting them though.

Works fine for me.

Needles are just an led at the base of the needle. Holes where the needle shaft passes through is widened. A little black paint shields unwanted light. Color shift is two different leds withe black paint to shield light where not desired.

Its all in the linked thread if you want more details.

You might have to register to see pics, but I didn't have to...