LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm confused... I bought some wedge LEDs from eBay and I installed them but when my cluster is all the way in my gauges work but no illumination, if I wiggle it and it's pulled out a little the LEDs light up but my gauges go crazy and won't work... Any ideas what I can do?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Make sure the contacts on the led bases line up correctly with the contacts inside the twistlocks. Also, make sure they're not 180 degrees out of rotation, as alot of leds are polarized, meaning they have a negative and positive, whereas a bulb works in either direction. Also, make sure you keep your dimmer turned all the way up, if they aren't dimmable leds, else you'll burn out your leds prematurely.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Playing a little anyone need this switch??
You must be registered for see images attach

CrewCab Steve

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Just slipped me an LED in where the old bulb goes. :D you need some stuff done?? I can hook it up.

CrewCab Steve

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'm confused... I bought some wedge LEDs from eBay and I installed them but when my cluster is all the way in my gauges work but no illumination, if I wiggle it and it's pulled out a little the LEDs light up but my gauges go crazy and won't work... Any ideas what I can do?

Check to see if the dash plug is loose. Thats got "bad connection" written all over it....