Leaf Spring Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a question about leaf springs. The ones currently on the truck are cracked and need to be replaced in order to pass inspection. It currently has 4-leaf springs, but I wanted to upgrade to a higher rate spring. After doing a little research on the forum I found that the 5-leaf springs should bolt right up without any problems. My question is do I need to order new spacers and plate-spring anchors for the 5-leaf spring? Or can I use my existing ones for the 4-leaf springs? LMC's website shows different part numbers for the spacers and plate-spring anchors between 1/2T and 3/4T trucks. Since the 5-leaf springs are for a 3/4T truck I wasn't sure if my existing ones would fit.

- Frank

94_Z71

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll tell you what, you will feel a big difference in handling after you replace those leaf springs. Even with just the stock 1/2 ton variety.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just replaced my springs, I went with new. I figured with my truck's age and mileage, replacing the small/cheap parts was warranted.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
The only difference between the plates is dependent on whether you have a 10 bolt or a 14 bolt. Just reuse your factory plates (get new u bolts though) and you should be fine.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Could you provide the source where you bought your leaf springs? I am looking at some on RockAuto but I am unsure if they are sold in pairs or singles?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Judging by the price - the Rock Auto ones have to be sold separately. I just ordered 2 for my truck yesterday. And new bolts. When I removed the u-bolts, the old ones were rusted about a 3rd of the way through.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could you provide the source where you bought your leaf springs? I am looking at some on RockAuto but I am unsure if they are sold in pairs or singles?
I bought mine from LMC Truck. They had the best price shipped to my door.

Most listings I found were for single springs, not pairs.

Rocky454SS

Reaction score
When I had to replace the ones in my 2011 Silverado I got them from SD spring. They had a good price and variety. I am hoping I get the same price and service for the set I need to order for my 91

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eventually I want to take my bed off and do a restoration of the entire rear of the truck. Replace springs, brake lines, shocks, cleaning everything, fuel pump, etc...

I want to move up to the 5 leaf pack if it's a good upgrade for a k1500... anyone have any thoughts on the difference over the stock 4 leaf? I just wanted to add a bit more capability for towing/hauling but not move up to a super stiff spring...

I think the F44 trucks with the 14-bolt had a 5 leaf spring...