L96 6.0 swap into 97 obs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyreaper08

Reaction score
Ive just done them myself, i dont have any links. You can reuse the crossmember and depending on where you drop the motor in. I use my own mounts that mount the motor 1.5" higher so the ac from the gen IV will clear the frame. Last one i did had a 4l80e in it factory and the crossmember did not move. Reused the 6 speed mount.
Thanks thats what i was considering im actually a welder so i should be able to make em work as well.. i make custom stuff for my vehicles here and there

You must be registered for see images attach

Rcn11thacr

Reaction score
Chevyreaper08,
Did you complete this task of transplanting an L96 into your truck? If so, did you take any pictures or can you supply any? Or give any updates/progress reports?

Rcn11thacr

Reaction score
Asking since I have a 94 K1500 & I am in the process of working on a deal to purchase an entire 2014 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 that was rolled & totaled. If the deal goes through, I’d have an entire drivetrain to swap out. L96 and the whole shebang. I know the history of the truck, having put about 40K of the total 110K miles that are on this fleet vehicle.

96GMCK2500

Reaction score
I've got the L96/6L90 combo in my suburban. I'd never put money into a 4-speed, the 6L90 is awesome.
Hey I was curious if you had any issues with your trans not engaging in gears after doing the swap? I just put a 2010 l96 and 6l90 in my 91 k1500.. im using stock harness from donor van and ecu. I got the vats, evap, and rear o2 deleted (thanks to Brendan from lt1 swap).. but I got to the point where I fired it up (sounds so good) and I went to put it in gear and it never engaged.. I felt it click into gear but the rpms never changed and it will not move.. any chance you can give me any advice?