L29 Distributor Accel #59132---Tight Fit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I've read many accounts of people believing their new distributor was incorrectly assembled by the factory and sent them back. I wonder how many of these folks tried this technique of removing the dizzy's gear, turing it 180 degrees, and putting it back on? Maybe I just got lucky but this definitely solved my tight fit problem.
Absolutely NONE of them tried it. I had an ID10T Monday tell me that the timing would be out 180 degrees if he did this. On a carbureted HEI distributor. After he called me a f$#$ing Id10t and said I must not have worked on a car before I told him I have been working on cars for 45 years and in the 24 years I have been a tech advisor that has never happened to anybody else I told him he should return it for a refund.

And they fool you by walking upright.:wtf2:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they fool you by walking upright.:wtf2:
I bought my '69 Cadillac for $100 because the owner said it had wiped a lobe off the cam. It was backfiring, bad. He'd wired the distributor 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2, but big Caddys are 1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8. He was pissed when I put the wires right and drove it off. Dude was a fleet mechanic, maintaining delivery trucks for the local building supply company. It turns out the motor was seriously dorked anyways, but still worth the $100.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo