KEEPS BLOWING STOP/HAZARD FUSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdane36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the other day I noticed my brake lights werent working check all the fuses #1 is blown inside the cab. Put a new brale light switch on it fixed the problem for a couple minutes then started doing the same thing as soon as I put a new fuse in there it blows it as soon as you touch the pedal. I have all lights except brakes. Any ideas thanks a lot suppose to drive to Missouri today!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Do a quick check of the tail light bulbs. The filament can short to ground and cause the fuse to fail. If they are good, break the system dowm in half. Try to disconnect the main connector behind the rear bumper and see if the fuse fails. If it doesn't, then check at the tail light connections. If it does, then you have a short between the switch and the rear connector.

Hope this helps

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Do a quick check of the tail light bulbs. The filament can short to ground and cause the fuse to fail. If they are good, break the system dowm in half. Try to disconnect the main connector behind the rear bumper and see if the fuse fails. If it doesn't, then check at the tail light connections. If it does, then you have a short between the switch and the rear connector.

Hope this helps

Good plan! ^^^.
Also, you might need to replace the circuit board on the back of the housing that the lights plug into. Those are notorious for causing problems.
You didn't mention LED's. In my experience, you can't use a 3157 LED in the top bulb position. When I tried to do that, I had the same probs that you are having. The fuse would blow the second that the lights were turned on.

bigdane36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guy I got it fixed. Was a wire that was wired in for a light in the topper I have but was ran threw just a hole so it rubbed the insulation and was grounding on the bed and cook the wire. So I just cut the wire out and its all good now

92silverado1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guy I got it fixed. Was a wire that was wired in for a light in the topper I have but was ran threw just a hole so it rubbed the insulation and was grounding on the bed and cook the wire. So I just cut the wire out and its all good now

I think I'm having the same problem that you had, do you remember where about the wire was that was rubbing? Thanks!