KEEP BLOWING FUSES - 1991 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunderstruck20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I had to get my truck towed home from the lake because my brake caliper retaining pins fell out while I was pounding across the lake to avoid getting stuck in snow drifts. Since then however, whenever I start my truck up cold and shift into gear my tranny fuse pops and im stuck in limp mode (2nd). If I drive it a while, pop a new fuse in, and clear the 81 and 82 DTCs it runs fine and I get 1st 3rd and OD back. Any thoughts? I already pulled the connector and sprayed it with WD. On a similar note, my scan tool conveniently wont turn on anymore (course it happens when I actually need to clear codes). Anybody have any idea of any place that sells OBD I scan tools? I know its a longshot but any help with this whole situation is greatly appreciated. I guess some info about the truck might help - 1991 chevy k2500 454 w/ 1993 (I believe) 4L80e.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2