Kanati Mud Hogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Im in the market to buy new tires, for My 97 2wd. I'm going to put the 4in rough country lift on it and convert it to 6 lug and run some 17in takeoffs from a 2010 silverado. I'm planning on running 285/70r17's. i was planning on an all terrain but i can not decide what tire. found these http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=10476&counter=1&ar=70&rd=17&sw=false&cs=285 on discount tire direct seems like a good price and it being a lt tire i figure they will last a good while. just wondering if anyone is running these tires and have any reviews on them. The tread looks like the old goodyear mtrs which i had on my z71 for 35k miles b4 i sold them to my cousin and he is still rolling on them. I'm not worried about how loud they are that doesn't bother me, I'd just like something that will last and look good. thanks

Hunter

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get treadwrights cheaper than that if $$ is an issue.

A 285 is basically a 33, idk if 4" will be enough for them. It's going to depend on the wheels an be prepared to trim the valance and/or bumper.

A friend of mine has a 95 with the 4" spindles, a 3" body lift on 33 12.5 and he still had to trim....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You can get treadwrights cheaper than that if $$ is an issue.

A 285 is basically a 33, idk if 4" will be enough for them. It's going to depend on the wheels an be prepared to trim the valance and/or bumper.

A friend of mine has a 95 with the 4" spindles, a 3" body lift on 33 12.5 and he still had to trim....

well money really isn't the issue. not saying Ive got a ton of money! just thought these tires looked good and with them being cheaper thats more money i could spend elsewhere. i originally wanted to get either mtz's or atz's but then i found these tires.
as for the lift, we did this exact same thing to my buddys tahoe a few years ago and he ran 295/70r17 nitto terra grapplers and all we trimmed was the valance. but i really don't mind trimming.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
heres the truck
You must be registered for see images attach

heres the wheels
You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Cool, I think his wheels caused him to do more trimmimg than usual.

The treadwright guard dog is a Goodyear mtr knockoff btw.....

https://www.treadwright.com/p-52-285-70r17-guard-dog-m-t-d.aspx

$153/each....

Yeh i saw those... and like them! I've thought about getting the and have done a lot of research on the treadwrights and have found no problems. but I'm just so indecisive! esp when your talking about spending $700-$1200 on something that you need to last! plus the treadwrights are only like $40 cheaper than the kanati's after shipping.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain on tire selection, just too many dang choices. :rofl:

My short list is:

Goodyear Duratracs
Kelly Safari tsr
Cooper discover stt
An now treadwrights....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I feel your pain on tire selection, just too many dang choices. :rofl:

My short list is:

Goodyear Duratracs
Kelly Safari tsr
Cooper discover stt
An now treadwrights....

I know it sucks! i don't know about the cooper stt's, my cousin had a set and they wore out fast and where very chopped up, with a good alignment. maybe i should bite the bullet and buy the toyo mt's. i know they will last!!!

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just put a set of 35x12.50r17 toyo open country mts on mine and love them. they're supposed to last forever too.