BFG KO2 or Wildpeak AT/3W

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the Falken's on my Tundra. 35/12.5/20s. Had to play with pressure lil bit for road noise, but it wasn't even that bad. Great all around tire. I will say (could been my truck, yard, who knows) they aren't good in the mud. I dam near got stuck in my yard. The tread is too close together to be a good mud tire, tread just packed with mud and didn't wanna come out. But everywhere else they were great. I towed, hauled, traveled, can't remember how many miles I put on them, but guessing over 30k and still had 3/4 tread at least left.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered the Falkens. Les Schwab was ridiculous. They could order the Falkens but for 100/tire more than Tire Rack. Also highly discouraged me from ordering them and having them installed. The tires they quoted me were all more expensive than the Falkens, and brands I had never heard of. Installation was going to be twice as much as Commercial Tire. Overall not impressed.
Les Schwab is for people who equate quality of product with customer service.

I thought I would be safe telling my wife to get her leaky tire serviced there. Multiple days of lost time, and a destroyed wheel where they had to air chisel the shattered wheel lock from using an impact on it later, I learned otherwise. They said they're gonna replace the wheel, that was six weeks ago.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Les Schwab is for people who equate quality of product with customer service.

I thought I would be safe telling my wife to get her leaky tire serviced there. Multiple days of lost time, and a destroyed wheel where they had to air chisel the shattered wheel lock from using an impact on it later, I learned otherwise. They said they're gonna replace the wheel, that was six weeks ago.
I agree. I got tires for my wife's car there about a year ago. I was happy with it then, got a good price on all 4 tires, and the promise of free rotations etc was a bonus for her(I'm gone up to 6 months at a time). I also wasn't looking for anything specific for her car, and needed them right away. But with how this interaction went today, I don't think I'll be going back.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After going through a similar ordeal with a Firestone store... Here's the best advice I can give. Stay far away from any chain tire store. Find a good small mom & pop shop you trust that does tire work and have them mount and balance whatever you order from Tire Rack. You won't get free mounting and balancing, but IMO it's worth it to avoid the headaches of the chains screwing up your vehicle and/or trying to sell you things you don't need.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay far away from any chain tire store. Find a good small mom & pop shop you trust that does tire work and have them mount and balance whatever you order from Tire Rack.
The local mom & pop shop broke the center caps on my Mustang. After beating two of them out with a hammer and socket the installer asked me how to get them out. There's a easy-to-spot spring clip that he had to stick the socket through that holds them in place.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After going through a similar ordeal with a Firestone store... Here's the best advice I can give. Stay far away from any chain tire store. Find a good small mom & pop shop you trust that does tire work and have them mount and balance whatever you order from Tire Rack. You won't get free mounting and balancing, but IMO it's worth it to avoid the headaches of the chains screwing up your vehicle and/or trying to sell you things you don't need.
Back in MI I would always go to a small local place(or get with my dad at a friends shop), but unfortunately here in town I've got Commercial Tire and Les Schwab. I would love to get my own tire machines eventually. But that's a long ways down the road.

vaquero

Reaction score
I think you'll be very happy with the Falkens. I've been running them for a year now and bought them specifically for their performance in wet weather (I live on the Oregon coast, where average precipitation in December alone is 12 inches). They've done great and minimal wear.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discount Tire has always done me right although it seems you can tell the difference between stores managed by someone in their 30's vs in their 50's. Just like at Home Depot - find the old guy.

KO2s are the perfect all-around tire. From reading the comments here, it seems that the Wild Peaks are about the same. Whichever one you buy first, you'll buy again!