K2500 Hidden Winch Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Found it. You have to crawl underneath to turn the handle to freespool or engage it. Drat.
So, looks only, unless you don't mind always spooling out with the motor. A bit of a nuisance.
This video shows the gmt800, but the design is the same in this way.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I still dont see the benefits here. if your stuck in some deep mud you got to get right down in the mud to engage the clutch. I mean theoretically you could just run it out under the motor but that seems like a bunch of wear an tear. Also the owner of the video is going to find out if that cable angles up past that bar it will push his bar into the grill or bend that bottom bar.

BigReb95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Prolly not much help, I bought mine when it first came out. I have the rollers. I've changed things since then, and was real pain to install by myself. Mine is a 95 k1500.

Attachments

• 20210111_175002.jpg
    20210111_175002.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 79

BigReb95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you. When I did mine there were no reviews or pictures yet from the RC site. I was just glad they finally made a bolt in mount, I was gonna make my own but stumbled on RC website. I'm sure with some mods it could possibly fit 2500s.

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been eye balling these mounts for a while now, I like how neat they are . I don't wheel so I could just leave it engaged and power out the cable . Been thinking about moving the winch from my jeep to the blazer .

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im kinda confused. on a typical winch you have a clutch that engages the spool to the motor and takes it out to free spool. how is this done on these hidden winch setups?

I would imagine it being a huge PITA to crawl under or fish around under the bumper to engage the clutch handle?
@ccreddell did one on his Tahoe with a diesel bumper. It is tight but you can reach through the bumper to free spool using the 12k Apex winch from Harbor Freight. He also cut down the factory license plate bracket and uses that to hide the winch, the only thing that you see is the winch rope and hook going to the tow hook and the blend in so you don't notice them. It is a sweet setup and a clean install.

wildwilly

Reaction score
Anyone think you could modify and fab/weld the rough country hidden winch to have the roller below the bumper so as to not have to cut the bumper ... like the old warn hidden winch was?

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Anyone think you could modify and fab/weld the rough country hidden winch to have the roller below the bumper so as to not have to cut the bumper ... like the old warn hidden winch was?
Defeats the point of the RC design at that point imo. Just go full custom, probably cheaper in the end too

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s a unique way. Not my design, I got the truck this way.
You must be registered for see images attach

Plus, mine won’t freespool anymore, and the winch will bunch up if I don’t guide it back.