K2500 Hidden Winch Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deve05

Reaction score
Afternoon gentlemen!

Hope this is the right spot for this. If not I apologize in advance.

So I've got a 97 K2500 Suburban and I've been looking to add a winch but would also like to retain the clean look the truck has. If I can avoid it I would like to stay away from having to add an off road bumper or something like that, at least for now.

I found a hidden winch kit from RC that looks really clean and just what I'm looking for(pictured), but it claims its only for the 1500 trucks. It says it wont fit my 2500.

So for those of you familiar with the frame differences between a 1500 and 2500, if I was to buy the kit and forget about my lifetime warranty on it, what possible modifications would I have to make to the mount to get it to fit a 2500 frame?? Any ideas?

Im adding pics of the kit and how it looks from RC's website and also adding pics of my truck for reference.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great, but it also says it won't fit my 92 blazer. I'm curious what's different as well.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interested as well for my k2500!

Couple internet searches appear to confirm that k1500 and k2500 frames w/ suburban's are all the same width. That means unless there is something interfering behind bumper or something in the way in terms of mounting that the frame widths match the 1500.

"The widths on the trucks are the same with the exception of the cab-and-chassis. Behind the cab is totally different on them. I don't know about the Suburbans. If the reason for your question is to find out if you can put a Suburban body on a pickup frame or vise versa, you can't do it."

"Front clips are the same. Bumpers are the same (other than stepside rear bumpers are their own unique item.) Rear axles are basically the same although Suburbans have bigger rear brakes (pay attention to brake package RPO codes, JB5, JB6, etc.)"

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took a couple measurement and I also have a 3 inch body lift and installing RC lift now / truck on jack stands so super easy to take measurements. It appears this mount would work with a little opening or grinding. Slotting the RC Mount itself could work assuming the tow hook bolts are the same pattern.

Last edited:

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds good- I also have the front bumper relocation kit so behind my front bumper/ between crossmember there is a ton of room!

I also have the factory tow hooks and that is where the bolt to bolt measurement came from.

At this rate I could save some dollars and mount a universal plate right side up with some trimming... the HF version is 37 inches long but the RC version has that nice fairlead extension to meet the front of bumper and vehicle and appears to have some drop in it:

Last edited:

deve05

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the great responses and help. I think I'm gonna buy it and take a whack at installing it. I can handle some trimming and slotting if thats what's needed to make it work.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk