K2500 Hidden Winch Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Challenge Accepted!
I was thinking something that could just be slid into place and bolted to the frame by almost anyone with a wrench. Anything would be pretty sweet though. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Love how this project perfectly fits your profile name lmfao

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I was thinking something that could just be slid into place and bolted to the frame by almost anyone with a wrench. Anything would be pretty sweet though. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Love how this project perfectly fits your profile name lmfao
"Frank" is made from at least 9 different vehicles!
The profile pic doesn't show the abomination of a front bumper/winch mount I have now. I put a 12,000 lb. Summit winch behind a beat-up rusty diesel bumper. I was on the fence about putting the winch on permanently or making it a slide in.

Still can't decide but I would like to put CHP style push bumpers on it. So I'm thinking do a mount for the CHP bars and allow it to be easily removed to put the winch on. I don't trust 1 hitch pin with that big of a winch. I also don't want to butcher a good bumper. I think I'm going removable!

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Im kinda confused. on a typical winch you have a clutch that engages the spool to the motor and takes it out to free spool. how is this done on these hidden winch setups?

I would imagine it being a huge PITA to crawl under or fish around under the bumper to engage the clutch handle?

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Have a front hitch mount for removable winch on my burb. But it is low, and depending on angles and stuck positions not ideal location.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thats one of thoses front reciever mounts they sell for these trucks?

Doug in P.R.:cool:

dentedvw

Reaction score
Im kinda confused. on a typical winch you have a clutch that engages the spool to the motor and takes it out to free spool. how is this done on these hidden winch setups?

I would imagine it being a huge PITA to crawl under or fish around under the bumper to engage the clutch handle?
Yeah mate, nobodies talking about how you turn the handle. Weird.
I love the hidden winch mount, but how does it work?

dentedvw

Reaction score
Found it. You have to crawl underneath to turn the handle to freespool or engage it. Drat.
So, looks only, unless you don't mind always spooling out with the motor. A bit of a nuisance.
This video shows the gmt800, but the design is the same in this way.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media