K2500 Hidden Winch Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chriscc07

Reaction score
It's a little PITA to access the handle. So far I have just left it engaged and power the cable in/out. Guess it depends on how much you use it.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im kinda confused. on a typical winch you have a clutch that engages the spool to the motor and takes it out to free spool. how is this done on these hidden winch setups?

I would imagine it being a huge PITA to crawl under or fish around under the bumper to engage the clutch handle?
It sucks but it's doable. This isn't a perfect solution, it's a $200 solution. The only other winch mounts short of a hitch are $1000+ bumpers, which I'm definitely not spending on an old chevy. The mount works well enough for the price, but like I've said elsewhere buy your own hardware and throw out what they give you.

RevRun

Reaction score
Picked up this RC kit and have been test fitting it with a Badlands Apex 12k winch. Was noodling on the freespool access issue and got to thinking someone could probably make an extension and relocate the knob position using something like a flexible drill extension, a right angle adapter, or socket universal swivels.
There are some clever people on this forum with a bit of time on their hands.