K2500 front brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just replaced both pads and rotors along with the left front caliper on my 99 k2500. The front left would randomly drag and pull then it got to the point it was all the time. After test drive with all new rotors, pads, and left caliper it does the same freaking thing WFT????
I'm going to try replacing the brake line and see if that helps. Maybe the new caliper is junk ??????

Anyone have a ideas ???????

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the brake hose from caliper to frame is no good hose part is collapsing inside thats causing the drag

Reaction score
I'm going to replace the brake line and see if that's it. What exactly do you mean replace the sliders & hardware? Is there something else I'm missing?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Replace the hoses on both sides. If one is bad, the other isn't far behind. They're inexpensive.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Replace the hoses on both sides. If one is bad, the other isn't far behind. They're inexpensive.

Richard

X2. Just did this to solve a similar issue and it worked, pedal travel is also less than I ever remember it being.

Classic-00-Crew

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went through the same issue. Like everybody else said, brake lines. That side is collapsing. I went with a braided stainless set from Russell. They actually just came in today after being back ordered for a month. For $86 it came with both fronts and the flex that runs from the frame to the rear axle. Can't beat that.

vrubio

Reaction score
I have the same problem except my brake lines are new. Any idea what could cause brakes to drag if evertything was replaced?