Job smart flux core junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I got a Clarke of Amazon on the cheap. It uses flux core and gas. Works great.

Sent from Robl@nd

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used Flux core wire on occasion. I don't like it. I much prefer mig or tig. For me I weld much better with mig. But Flux core does get the job done. It just takes practice to get it to look nice.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Well...

I get big discounts at my new job so I'm gonna find an affordable might and see if my boss can "layaway" it for me ;)

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using a Craftsman 90 amp flux core welder for years. House power is weak to my shed so like mentioned above I pull out the 8K generator and get plenty of depth and able to push a bead anyplace I need it to to. Pulling is a little tricky on sheet metal but it will do it. Key to flux core is steady power, 20 amp source minimum, 30 amp is better.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Please, I beg you, You won't be satisfied! The Chinese flux core welders are pure garbage. Sure, you can get a good weld here or there with them, but that's it. The quality of the machine is junk. And I'm not hating on flux core, all structural x-ray certified welds are done with flux core, I'm hating on the Chinese machines!

Something perfect for a guy like you would be the Lincoln PowerMig 210MP! They JUST came out with this welder. It's a 200A multi-process machine, meaning it's a power source, with the chipset to run any welding process. MIG, TIG, Stick, Flux Core, Dual Shield, it don't matter, you can do it with this machine. And the best part of it? It's only $999. This truly is a game changer in the welding world. To have this quality of a welder come from an American manufacturer at this low of a cost is unheard. They released the machines at the beginning of this week for purchase. I received mine yesterday, and am surely impressed.

You must be registered for see images

My flux core welds look better than most people's MIG welds.

I'll take you up on that. Both visual and strength tests. ;)

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You get what you pay for, Nice Lincoln. I have a Miller A/C D/C stick Tig (Thunderbolt.) It is a good machine, but if This Lincoln was out when I bought mine, I would have bought it. Flux core works good when you use 75% Argon, 25% Co2 mix If the wind isn't bad.