JD7 brake boster needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpyusko

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1996 K2500 (454) with JD7 brakes.
I'm having a hard time finding a new Hydraboost Brake boster. Everyone wants to sell me JB8 (10,000 lbs) when I have JD7 (8,000 lbs).
Nobody seems to list one for JD7.
I'm starting to go cross-eyed looking through all these sites and cross-references.
Please help. It's blowing P/S fluid everywhere and I need to pass inspection next month.
You must be registered for see images attach

TIA

Last edited:

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you haven’t already, you could check with these guys, they have a good selection.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you actually find a part number ? No, your not gonna. The brake option code is about the vehicle braking capacity. You have vacuum assist braking or hydraulic assist braking. The hydraulics operate at design pressure. There is no " lighter capacity hydraulic pump assist" . You, your the regulator, your butt, your foot and eyes.
Your not understanding the option code. It's a manifold for your foot to regulate hydraulic pressure to braking master cylinder. :3811797817_8d685371

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1996 K2500 (454) with JD7 brakes.
I'm having a hard time finding a new Hydraboost Brake boster. Everyone wants to sell me JB8 (10,000 lbs) when I have JD7 (8,000 lbs).
Nobody seems to list one for JD7.
Just checked O'Reillys for my '97 K2500 with JD7. The booster they show is listed as "with JD8", but the application chart includes my truck.

I bet the booster is the same between JD7 and JD8. You could confirm "in person" with various auto parts stores.

OR

Buy a reseal kit and fix the one you have. The typical leaking seal doesn't require the booster to come off the firewall--it splits in the middle somewhere and the "usual" seal is supposedly easy to replace. I have not done this job, though.