Is this a stupid thing to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm not super knowledgeable about cams, I know more than I used to but I am still learning. here's my cam specs and I was wondering if it would perform well with a 1.6 Ratio? With the duration will it drive funny? Thanks
Intake Duration @ .050: 191
Exhaust Duration @ .050: 196
Intake Lift (w/1.5): 414
Intake Lift (w/1.6): 442
Exhaust Lift (w/1.5): 428
Exhaust Lift (w/1.6): 457
Lobe Separation: 111

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Low rpm torque tends to like lower lift. High rpm horse power tends to like higher lift.

Are you running TBI or vortec? I know vortec tend to have interference issues at lift above .450, but I’ve heard stories of people running .480 without issues. Again, stories.

As far as funny driving, more cam means more fuel. But with such a mild change. The stock computer should be able to compensate.

Personally, I would just get a tune, maybe a cam as well. The power and drive ability increase would be much more substantial.

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Low rpm torque tends to like lower lift. High rpm horse power tends to like higher lift.

Are you running TBI or vortec? I know vortec tend to have interference issues at lift above .450, but I’ve heard stories of people running .480 without issues. Again, stories.

As far as funny driving, more cam means more fuel. But with such a mild change. The stock computer should be able to compensate.

Personally, I would just get a tune, maybe a cam as well. The power and drive ability increase would be much more substantial.
I’m going to be converting to Holley Sniper EFI. I’ll start cam questing again and see what I can find. Thanks for the help!