Is it me is imagination drying up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of spare money for my project so I'm steady looking for more ideas and blending others idea into my truck. Because I'm in Virginia we are require to run a front tag. I frenched in my front tag into the bumper. I shaved my stake bed holes and my tail gate. I also took the embossed CHEVROLET on a square body and welded it into the lower right corner of the tail gate. I welded in my roll pan and shaved my cargo light and antenna, I'm running a hidden antenna. My next project to install the fuel filler neck into the side of the bed with the original opening filler cap and shaved the original filler neck on the outside of the bed. I installed a flip kit on my hood so that the hood flips open towards the front. I've made my own full lenght console, installed TMI seats and an overhead console. I updated my windshield washer system to a later model system installing the tank on the right front of the engine compartment. I installed a aluminum overflow tank, I found at a car show and removed the original bulky system on the fire wall. Installed electric fans and designing a radiator cover to go from fender to fender. I watch Bitchin cars, roadkill, Hot Rod garage and others looking for other ideas to make the truck mine. It helps that I'm a retired mechanic and have the tolls and skills to play. I'm hoping to paint it this fall or next spring but as the ideas keep coming in, it may be later then sooner that it gets painted.
I like what you are doing so far. I noticed you had your flipped where the hinge is on front so cool. Please keep us posted.
You could share more photos I would like looking like them

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Social media f----s their attention span.
That’s why I take up phones in my classroom. They may still think about it, but there’s no temptation to check it. I tell them the first day, unless you are a physics whiz and just get it (and some do) you’ll have to work at it daily. Distractions only take away from your perseverance.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's the image of what a hot rod should be. Like said the Tv shows are all about the bling and the glitz, but they are playing with others money. I could build someone a hella hotrod, as could many others, if handed a blank check. Those customers are few and far between.

Alot of people start projects and buy parts that never see completion. Circumstances change, covid happens, mad inflation happens, poor planning, running out of project funds, etc.

I tell most people the same thing. Take what you think you're going to need to complete the project and add 30%. You'll be close.

I'm on the flipside a bit. People watch an hour long TV show and think it takes an hour to do modifications and such and come to me thinking I can do the same for a little bit of nothing. Not going to happen. You're not going to get top shelf materials and show quality paint by offering to pay 2/3 of what I just told you it was going to take.

When I grew up hotrodding was pulling your heads and pocket porting them yourself, offset grinding cranks to gain stoke. Improve what you have with the pieces that are already in your hands.. Everybody was hanging out at someone else's house every other weekend helping someone else and brainstorming.

The creativity is out there. You'll just see more of it in the motorcycle and Rad Rod circles.
I couldn't agree more.

umwtnt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what you are doing so far. I noticed you had your flipped where the hinge is on front so cool. Please keep us posted.
You could share more photos I would like looking like them

Attachments

• tailgate mod.jpg
    tailgate mod.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 12
  • tag mod.jpg
    tag mod.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 12
  • flip hood.jpg
    flip hood.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 12