Is a Redhead worth the price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a local rebuilder for my steering box. Same price as a generic jobber from the local parts guys. Less than the Big Name sellers.
The last few years, I've read of Redhead, Bluetop, & others having probs with quality control. Bearing issues. Sealing problems.
Local guy will build with my choice of ratios.
Best part? IF anything ever goes wrong, I'm dealing with the actual person who did the job in the first place.
None of this 'sending away' to be analyzed, waiting-waiting-waiting, with a 50/50 chance of a No Warranty decision.
Local guy = Under warranty or not, I walk in with a S/box & I walk out with one. That day.
I linked the pic of the girl, not a steering gear

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I disagree, had too many problems with a redhead
Can confirm :jester:

My redhead steering box was worth the money to me; my truck (when it was running) steers amazing. I didn't want to take a chance of messing around with a typical reman box so I bit the bullet and bought a redhead. Turns the 33's like it's nothing and I don't feel the need to roll while turning anymore. It's a quality gearbox that has held up so far to the little miles I've done with it, but I've loved every mile using that box. My one thing is that I haven't seen them offer any sales/discounts, so you gotta cough up the money for the quality. Like I said, worth every penny to me.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
No comment on the hair color because I believe most* women are bat sht crazy, I had one sent to the psych ward after dealing with her sht for 6 years!

On the steering box conversation... YES redhead steering boxes are great! I have a quick ratio in my 93 and love it! Any truck I get from here on out will get one when the rest of the front end gets replaced.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They worked with me on couple of other cores I had laying around. Made the price line up to where it was worth to have them build a box. For couple of other vehicles, I just did a rebuild my self on the steering boxes.