Intake manifold question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnB

Reaction score
for the moment, i will disagree...possibly the factory style 2 barrel, but i have seen numerous dyno tests sat otherwise...not so much for power, but the single plane does help equal out the cylinder distribution and the A/F R seems to pull in tighter per cylinder.

just adding a 1.5" spacer to my RPM AIR GAP made a huge difference in idle, throttle response and overall driveability

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A single plane is the absolute worst possible intake for a TBI (or any other) truck
Having run one for 10s of thousands of miles, I disagree!

Also ran an old Weiand 7525 on my Q-Jet fed 305 in my G20 van back in 2003-2004. Van had the stock converter in the 700r4 and 3.08 gears and the single plane/Q-Jet combination had every bit of the stock low-end torque and response and much better midrange and top-end. Had it paired with a 218/218 @ 0.050, .454/.454 lift, 106 LSA cam that was degreed in on a 98 ICL. Had thorley tri-ys and factory 2.5" true duals with a DrGas X-pipe added to them.