Inner fender splashguards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rcn11thacr

Reaction score
I have a 94 K1500 shortbed step side with a 3 inch body lift. Do you sell a replacement kit for the whole truck? Please PM me a price if you do. Thank you.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to cut a set of splash guards from a large rubber inner tube, e.g., an inner tube from a tractor tire.

I’ve got one such inner tube from which I regularly cut misc rubber pieces. The rubber's not too tough, it can be cut using a set of household shears (Fiskars) carefully; cutting it with a knife seems more difficult IMHO.

The fasteners used for the fender splash guards seem to be 1/4” plastic rivets readily available on eBay or any auto parts store.

I use these, instead of the OE “Christmas tree” fasteners, b/c they (and the splash guards) are easy to remove for engine service (e.g., changing spark plugs, compression test, …).

Attachments

• 03943059-5D5B-4D15-9210-8B8A451D937C.png
    03943059-5D5B-4D15-9210-8B8A451D937C.png
    726.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
It would be interesting to cut a set of splash guards from a large rubber inner tube, e.g., an inner tube from a tractor tire.

I’ve got one such inner tube from which I regularly cut misc rubber pieces. The rubber's not too tough, it can be cut using a set of household shears (Fiskars) carefully; cutting it with a knife seems more difficult IMHO.

The fasteners used for the fender splash guards seem to be 1/4” plastic rivets readily available on eBay or any auto parts store.

I use these, instead of the OE “Christmas tree” fasteners, b/c they (and the splash guards) are easy to remove for engine service (e.g., changing spark plugs, compression test, …).
Have you by chance taken a shot at cutting some from an inner tube? I've used inner tubes for other random stuff but no longer have one around to cut up.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo