Inner fender splashguards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rcn11thacr

Reaction score
I have a 94 K1500 shortbed step side with a 3 inch body lift. Do you sell a replacement kit for the whole truck? Please PM me a price if you do. Thank you.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to cut a set of splash guards from a large rubber inner tube, e.g., an inner tube from a tractor tire.

I’ve got one such inner tube from which I regularly cut misc rubber pieces. The rubber's not too tough, it can be cut using a set of household shears (Fiskars) carefully; cutting it with a knife seems more difficult IMHO.

The fasteners used for the fender splash guards seem to be 1/4” plastic rivets readily available on eBay or any auto parts store.

I use these, instead of the OE “Christmas tree” fasteners, b/c they (and the splash guards) are easy to remove for engine service (e.g., changing spark plugs, compression test, …).

Attachments

• 03943059-5D5B-4D15-9210-8B8A451D937C.png
    03943059-5D5B-4D15-9210-8B8A451D937C.png
    726.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
It would be interesting to cut a set of splash guards from a large rubber inner tube, e.g., an inner tube from a tractor tire.

I’ve got one such inner tube from which I regularly cut misc rubber pieces. The rubber's not too tough, it can be cut using a set of household shears (Fiskars) carefully; cutting it with a knife seems more difficult IMHO.

The fasteners used for the fender splash guards seem to be 1/4” plastic rivets readily available on eBay or any auto parts store.

I use these, instead of the OE “Christmas tree” fasteners, b/c they (and the splash guards) are easy to remove for engine service (e.g., changing spark plugs, compression test, …).
Have you by chance taken a shot at cutting some from an inner tube? I've used inner tubes for other random stuff but no longer have one around to cut up.