in line 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Take it from a guy who used to work at a BMW shop. You don't want that in your truck. If you did go inline 6, and I personally think you'd get originality points at least, go with the Toyota 2JZ, a far superior and proven power making platform.

Nissan TB48 would be my choice....1000+ HP Turbo Patrols.

Then again the prototype Trailblazer SS had a twin turbo Atlas 4.2 I6.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check out clifford research. lots of 250 sixes in the tens back in the day and you couldnt kill em. 3+3=8 decals on the back glass were a warning!

no need for welding or kits, or other baloney, just flip the v8 motor mounts upside down, and bolt her to the bellhousing. you will need a headpipe from the 6, or install headers. takes about 3 hrs.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it was toward the mid seventies the I6 had an integrated head/intake casting. Junk.....very crack prone cylinder head set up. Run don't walk away if that's what you find.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mid 70s through mid eighties, nobody hot rodded anything. all junk, everybody had been broke and out of work for several years. people were buying the cheapest thing posible and epa and carb were killing the rest. gm couldnt even afford good paint. lolololol

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He wants to be different. LS swaps are done by everyone. Turbo Supra swaps....not so much.
When I start on my 89 I’m keeping the drivetrain as close to factory looking as I can. Yeah I can do a swap but I don’t care to do one. I like looking at a round air cleaner and the old school look of the engine bay

Wildan

Reaction score
I have a 91 gmc extended cab and a 1974 Mercruiser 165 which is the gm250 i6, the gmc has no engine and the boat isn’t worth fixing but the engine is strong and hardly any hrs on it so just for the sake of wanting something to do I’m going to put the 260 in the truck. Why not? Do the i6 swap do I won’t be the only one out there with one.