in line 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I would just go with a Toyota Supra 2JZ turbo drivetrain. I’ll bet you’ll surprise a few Lambo owners.

The Lambo is going to have a lot more tire to get the power to the ground, and I'm not sure the 2JZ would be better than a Turbo LS engine.

I always wanted to do a twin turbo 300ZX in a Pathfinder lower it and call it a Tsunami.

I wonder why GM chose "typhoon" over "hurricane". I suppose it might be more exotic sounding and there was the Honda Hurricane at that time too.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No offense intended but you may want to reevaluate why it's important to you to be different. That's a lot of effort to end up with an engine that really is not a better performer in terms of power or mpg, it's just different to be different.

I'd personally look for a swap that nets you some improvements. That way it has real value to you, regardless of what anyone else knows or thinks.

Richard

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
No offense intended but you may want to reevaluate why it's important to you to be different. That's a lot of effort to end up with an engine that really is not a better performer in terms of power or mpg, it's just different to be different.

I'd personally look for a swap that nets you some improvements. That way it has real value to you, regardless of what anyone else knows or thinks.

Richard
There's a reason that more small block Chevy's have been swapped into everything imaginable. If you have a SBC, why go to something less powerful in an attempt to be different?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I could see it, if you already had the engine, but otherwise I don't see the point. I could see maybe doing the Atlas engine... it make more HP than the 350, but I think it's less torque. No idea what it would get for mileage or what kind of reputation it has.

Another idea would be to get another GM V8. Parts will be more expensive for any but a SBC.

Jim2029

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing this... But haven't found anything online. Was hoping maybe some conversion mounts are available.

Everyone is LS swapping the world right now. I can show you many trucks at shows with a swapped LS in it. Its getting boring. And my truck is going to be a cruiser. I don't need to get to 60 in 3 seconds. The 250 and 292 inline 6 engines from GM are bullet proof. My issue in doing this is I can't weld for **** and I don't have a welder ether.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Anything that doesn't make enough power to hurt a fly can't make enough to hurt itself.