In a rollover, what to do now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey, so I was involved in a rollover in my 97 Sierra in December. I found out recently that my truck is repairable but it will take some time and a bit of money. The options I have are to 1: Take off my front clip, take the cab off, get a new cab and re-install my front clip 2: Take my liner, interior panels, seats, etc out and try to "bang" the cab into its original state to fit the new windows in and get it driving again. There also is the option of just selling it for parts or someone else to fix. Id really like to get some opinions of what I should do. Some info about the truck, it has a 5.7 V8, RWD only, it has 193,658 kms and its in pretty good overall shape. The frame has absolutely no damage and the engine runs like new. The body itself has only rust on the tailgate and is overall very clean(except the damage on the roof :biggrin:). Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 47

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell what the roof damage is from the pics with the tarp on it. I rolled my dads 72 pu when I was in H.S. What we did was use some pieces of 2x4 at the top of the window frame and bottle jacks on the floor of the truck to push the roof back up to get the frame back to the shape required to install a new windshield. Then just used a boat load of bondo to fill in the dents.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Out of those options, I would go number 1. If it has no meaning (ie: just another vehicle or no sentimental value) to you I would sell it and start fresh imo...

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
i would try to find a gmt400 thats needs a engine or trans and swap yours in

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
if all your posts are not bent out of whack a whole lot i would really consider putting a roof skin on after straightening all of your posts. a roof skin will save you lots of $$$ imo.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That has to be the best looking "rollover" vehicle I've ever seen.

Dad rolled his F-150 once on wet ground last year, and it looked pretty similar to this:

You must be registered for see images