I'm out of ideas, guys. (Truck runs like crap no matter what I do).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Your truck has a MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor)? Did I miss that somewhere?

Sits on the intake, right above the EGR vavle. Has a line that connects to the intake right under the back of the throttle body.

UPDATE TIME: Tested fuel pressure, solid 12psi at the connector behind the fuel filter. My dad suggested I test the front next to see if the filter is holding back pressure.

Now, I have a new idea. I know for a fact my TCC solenoid is going out in the ol' 700 (bear with me here), and the truck only seems to stumble and die when I punch it in OD (or lockup, I don't know). For example, I'll be cruising at 1,500rpm and get to lockup speed, she'll drop down to 1,250 or so, then when I punch it it dies.

NOW, could it be, that the solenoid is to the point that It's malfunctioning, sticking in lockup, and stalling the motor?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Sits on the intake, right above the EGR vavle. Has a line that connects to the intake right under the back of the throttle body.

UPDATE TIME: Tested fuel pressure, solid 12psi at the connector behind the fuel filter. My dad suggested I test the front next to see if the filter is holding back pressure.

Now, I have a new idea. I know for a fact my TCC solenoid is going out in the ol' 700 (bear with me here), and the truck only seems to stumble and die when I punch it in OD (or lockup, I don't know). For example, I'll be cruising at 1,500rpm and get to lockup speed, she'll drop down to 1,250 or so, then when I punch it it dies.

NOW, could it be, that the solenoid is to the point that It's malfunctioning, sticking in lockup, and stalling the motor?

That's not a MAF, that's a MAP. Big difference.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Yup. MAF = Mass Air Flow Sensor. I think those were only in 96+ trucks.

MAP = Manifold Air Pressure Sensor. Monitors the amount of vacuum.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
any time my truck decides it doesnt want to start, that always goes through my mind but compression tests kinda rule that out

Check your timing, if the chain stretched, I think it jumps around. I wanted to check that as well, my timing sits right at 0* and doesn't move at all so I know the chain is fine for now.