im a total newb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franks

Reaction score
hey guys!!! iv always been the guy that has to have the newest truck out but here recently as i turned 40 i have decided to hell with truck payments and bought a 92 extended cab 4x4. i have been reading many post and not having luck finding my answers. i am needing to know what i need to get to achieve this look. see attached pic

thanks guys and take it easy on me

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome - there's lots of info on lifting/lowering/modifying trucks here - just takes a little exploration and lots of $$$

Franks

Reaction score
Welcome - there's lots of info on lifting/lowering/modifying trucks here - just takes a little exploration and lots of $$$

Like I’ve been digging. Idk really what I’m looking for. Newer trucks you can buy cheaper kits for 2-3 in but the ones I’m seeing for a 1992 are high. I know to stay away from cranking on the keys and all. I just need to know what to do to get the look in the pic I posted. Like is it a suspension lift and a body lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Figuratively or literally, LOL? How many did you wreck before you came up with those 2 gems?

Figuratively...I've been accused of wrecking my vehicles by lowering them.
By lots of people, but the !st. person in that line is my ole man!
"Jeeeez. Damn kid. WTF you do that for? Now it's useless! When are you gonna start using the big head? I tell ya, you gotta grow up. ...and right quick, too!"

Literally...w-e-l-l...let's just say I've bent a bit more than my fair share of sheetmetal. I've been the last driver of more than 'a few' vehicles!
I have the scars, too. Lots of 'em. Big ones. Little ones. ...and they all have a story. Lol!

You have to grow old. Don't have to grow up!

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but guessing Rough Country or similar 6" suspension lift with 35" tires. Lots of youtube vids on this setup.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys!!! iv always been the guy that has to have the newest truck out but here recently as i turned 40 i have decided to hell with truck payments and bought a 92 extended cab 4x4. i have been reading many post and not having luck finding my answers. i am needing to know what i need to get to achieve this look. see attached pic

thanks guys and take it easy on me

You must be registered for see images attach

That looks like a standard suspension lift kit (you can tell by the torsion bar drop brackets). I have some info in my build thread on here. Another couple build threads are by bluex and the lift thread. Lots of good info here. I personally have the rough country lift and don’t have any issues. I also did the torsion bar relocators to hide the torsion bars..they are back in production after several years of being closed.

Have fun!

Franks

Reaction score
Z71 Hobbs... is it possible for you to send me the link of your build thread?