Newb from Wyoming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roggeriv

Reaction score
Long time lurker and finally posting my intro.

Let me introduce you to what the kids call the rolling turd!

It is a 97 CCLB K3500 7.4l automatic with a 4” Tuff country lift. It was on the truck when I bought it in 2015 with 143k miles and currently has 158k miles.

I have always wanted to get it looking better and at times I have been able to get some stuff done. Mostly maintenance from not driving it very much.

As it sits right now it needs a complete front passenger rebuild due to my kid taking it to school and got hit by another kid. The car was pancaked and you can see the damage to my truck in the second pic. It doesn’t look bad, the upper control arm is mangled and looks like the cv axle is busted.

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 10

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Long time lurker and finally posting my intro.

Let me introduce you to what the kids call the rolling turd!

It is a 97 CCLB K3500 7.4l automatic with a 4” Tuff country lift. It was on the truck when I bought it in 2015 with 143k miles and currently has 158k miles.

I have always wanted to get it looking better and at times I have been able to get some stuff done. Mostly maintenance from not driving it very much.

As it sits right now it needs a complete front passenger rebuild due to my kid taking it to school and got hit by another kid. The car was pancaked and you can see the damage to my truck in the second pic. It doesn’t look bad, the upper control arm is mangled and looks like the cv axle is busted.
Was the other kid on his/her phone? Cause if you don't see a CCLB (especially a K model) coming atcha, you must not be looking....
I have a C3500 CCLB and many people who want to pull out in front of it, change their mind after seeing the size of it. Slightly tweaked bumper and the brush guard, making it look like a "big scary redneck truck" don't hurt!
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas, BTW!

Roggeriv

Reaction score
Was the other kid on his/her phone? Cause if you don't see a CCLB (especially a K model) coming atcha, you must not be looking....
I have a C3500 CCLB and many people who want to pull out in front of it, change their mind after seeing the size of it. Slightly tweaked bumper and the brush guard, making it look like a "big scary redneck truck" don't hurt!
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas, BTW!
My kid was still parked and getting ready to pull out. Cop said the other kid was probably doing around 30 in the high school parking lot. I agree, real hard not to see the beast.